The Agave Collection.
With its distinctive style, Agave brings nothing short of sheer delight to people envisioning an extension of their passion of the unique in their home decor.
Patterns and construction dare the homeowner to add their infatuation to their home. The high quality wool and dense tufting make these rugs extraordinarily plush.
- 100% Polypropylene
- Machine Made
- Low Pile
- Color (Pantone TPX): Aqua(15-4717), Teal(18-4522), Medium Gray(16-4402), Medium Gray(16-5803), Ivory(13-0002)
- Made in Turkey
Most of our rugs, subject to availability, should ship between 2-3 weeks from the date of your order. Please allow another week for delivery.
At Atelier Tricot we take design and craftsmanship very seriously. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement. If within 30 days of your receipted purchase you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase. Please see our Shipping & Returns page for our full return policy.
The way you clean everyday spills and stains from area rugs depends upon the fabric from which the rug is woven. Here are some general guidelines:
Wool, Cotton, Acrylic and Rayon Rugs
- Blot - do not rub - any excess liquid spill before adding a cleaning solvent. Repeat: DO NOT RUB!
- Wool rugs should be cleaned with a neutral detergent and dried quickly. A good example of this is Dawn® dishwashing liquid mixed with water.
- Do not use "oxy" cleaners on wool rugs. They will fade the dye in the rug.
- Be sure to quickly blot dry with a towel using pressure. Do not use heat or let it air-dry completely. This will leave an odor.
- If an all-over cleaning is require we recommend professional steam cleaning by a dedicated rug-cleaning service. Colors may show a slight change (no more than 5%) when cleaned. Darker tones are more susceptible.
- For rugs with plush piles, do not use a dry powder cleaner. The cleaning residue will be difficult to remove. Dry powder cleaners are OK to use on surface stains on low pile rugs.
- Do not use laundry detergents to clean wool rugs. The laundry detergent will leave a residue and alter color shades.
Synthetic Rugs - Olefin, Nylon, Rayon
- Synthetic rugs should be cleaned with a neutral detergent and dried quickly. A good example of this is Dawn® dishwashing liquid mixed with water.
- It is OK to use “oxy” cleaners on synthetic rugs. Be sure to carefully follow the cleaner's instructions.
- Do not use laundry detergents to clean synthetic rugs. The laundry detergent will leave a residue and alter color shades.
- Should only be cleaned using a dry cleaning process.
- Consult a reputable professional.
Natural / Plant Fibers - Jute, Sisal, Seagrass, Coir, Hemp
- Rugs made with natural / plant fibers should only be cleaned with a neutral detergent and dried quickly. A good example of this is Dawn® dishwashing liquid mixed with water.
- Remember to dry quickly
- For liquid spills, dry both sides of your rug.
- For liquid spills with color (soft drink, juice, etc.), sprinkle baking soda or salt on the spot to absorb the color. Leave for a few minutes and then vacuum.
- Neutralize pet odors by sprinkling a mixture of 1 cup Borax and 2 cups cornmeal. Allow to stand for an hour before vacuuming. Many commercial cleaning products also work well to remove pet odors from rugs.
- For cut-pile rugs, use your vacuum’s beater bar. Set it to the rug’s pile level.
- For hand-knotted, looped and braided rugs, do not use the beater bar. Only use the vacuum’s suction.
Please note: damage to an area rug by improper use of the vacuum cleaner, non-recommended cleaners or pets is specifically excluded from the manufacturer's warranty.